The Portland Thorns FC defeated the Seattle Reign FC 1-0 on Saturday night in a National Women's Soccer League game at Starfire Stadium...
TUKWILA — The Portland Thorns FC defeated the Seattle Reign FC 1-0 on Saturday night in a National Women’s Soccer League game at Starfire Stadium.
Reign FC goalkeeper Hope Solo made her NWSL debut before 3,324 fans, but was unable to stop a penalty shot by Thorns FC forward Christine Sinclair in the 83rd minute.
Solo made two saves for the Reign (0-7-1).
The Reign’s best chance came in the 62nd minute, but forward Liz Bogus’ diving header was blocked by Portland (6-1-1) goalkeeper Karina LeBlanc, who finished with five saves.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
Most Read Stories
Seattle, which lost its seventh straight, was without three of its defenders, as Kate Deines and Elli Reed both were out with injuries and Jenny Ruiz was serving a one-game suspension after receiving a red card last week.