SANDY, Utah — Joao Plata scored his sixth goal of the season and Real Salt Lake remained undefeated with a 2-1 victory over the Colorado Rapids in the opening match of the Rocky Mountain Cup rivalry Saturday night.
RSL (6-0-5) hasn’t dropped a game in its first 11 matches this season and is the only undefeated team in Major League Soccer.
The Rapids (4-4-3) avoided the shutout with defender Drew Moor’s header into the corner in the 83rd minute.
Other MLS games
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
Most Read Stories
At Toronto FC 2, Red Bulls 0
Jermain Defoe and Luke Moore scored and Toronto FC (4-4-0) snapped its three-game losing streak with a win over New York (3-4-5).
At Timbers 3, Crew 3
Gaston Fernandez scored on a header in the 85th minute to pull Portland (1-3-7) into a draw with Columbus (3-4-4).
At FC Dallas 1, Chivas USA 1
Fabian Castillo scored in the 83rd minute and FC Dallas (5-5-2) tied Chivas USA (2-5-4) to end a four-game losing streak.
Revolution 5, at Union 3
A.J. Soares, Diego Fagundez, Lee Nguyen, Chris Tierney and Patrick Mullins scored as New England topped Philadelphia (2-6-5) for its fourth straight win. The Revolution (6-3-2) is 5-0-1 in its past six.
At D.C. United 1, Impact 1
Eddie Johnson scored in the 84th minute to lift D.C. (4-3-3) to a draw with Montreal. Jack McInerney scored in the 56th minute for Montreal (1-5-4).
• Aaron Ramsey ended Arsenal’s nine-year trophy drought, scoring in extra time in the FA Cup final to clinch a 3-2 victory over Hull at Wembley Stadium.
• Atletico Madrid rallied for a thrilling 1-1 tie at Barcelona to secure its first Spanish league title in 18 years.