COLUMBUS, Ohio – Bernardo Anor’s goal in the fourth minute helped the Columbus Crew defeat Portland 1-0 on Sunday to end the Timbers’ team-record 15-match unbeaten streak in Major League Soccer.
Portland (7-2-9) had gone 7-0-8 since a March 9 loss to Montreal. The Timbers also had been undefeated on the road (2-0-7).
Anor scored on a header from 6 yards. Seven minutes later, Portland defender Pa Modou Kah was ejected for a foul on Aaron Schoenfeld. Kah’s right foot struck Schoenfeld’s forehead and led to a penalty kick Federico Higuain of the Crew could not convert.
In other MLS matches, Benny Feilhaber and Graham Zusi scored to give Sporting Kansas City a 2-1 victory over host Chicago; Eastern Conference-leading Montreal tied visiting Chivas USA 1-1; D.C. United and host Colorado played to a scoreless draw; and the Los Angeles Galaxy beat visiting FC Dallas 2-0.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
PASADENA, Calif. – Gabriel Torres scored twice to lead Panama to a 2-1 victory over Mexico in the first round of the CONCACAF Gold Cup before a pro-Mexico crowd of 56,822 at the Rose Bowl.
Torres gave Panama a 1-0 lead with a penalty kick in the seventh minute and snapped a tie in the 48th minute.
Earlier,Fabrice Reuperne scored in the 92nd minute to lift Martinique to a 1-0 victory over Canada.
On Thursday at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, Panama will play Martinique and Mexico will face Canada.