Los Angeles standout Landon Donovan limped off with a leg injury during the Galaxy's 2-1 Major League Soccer loss to Real Salt Lake, creating doubt whether he will be available for the United States' upcoming World Cup qualifiers
CARSON, Calif. — Los Angeles standout Landon Donovan limped off with a left-knee injury with about 10 minutes left in the Galaxy’s 2-1 Major League Soccer loss to Real Salt Lake on Saturday.
The injury creates doubt whether Donovan will be available for the United States’ World Cup qualifiers at Antigua & Barbuda on Friday and against visiting Guatemala on Oct. 16.
The extent of the damage wasn’t known.
“We have to get it worked out. … It didn’t feel good,” Donovan said.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
The 30-year-old midfielder missed last month’s qualifiers against Jamaica because of a hamstring injury.
Other MLS matches
Earthquakes 4, at Rapids 1
Chris Wondolowski contributed three goals and an assist to lead San Jose past Colorado. The Earthquakes clinched the West title.
Fire 2, at Red Bulls 0
Sherjill MacDonald scored two second-half goals as Chicago beat New York.
D.C. United 1, at Toronto 0
Hamdi Salihi scored in the 88th minute to give D.C. United a victory over Toronto FC.
Impact 1, at Dynamo 1
Sanna Nyassi scored in the 66th minute to give Montreal a draw with Houston. Will Bruin scored for the Dynamo.
At Union 1, Revolution 0
Jack McInerney converted a header off a free kick in the 73rd minute, lifting Philadelphia to victory over New England.
• Bolton player Marvin Sordell wrote on Twitter that he and several teammates were subject to racist abuse by Millwall fans during a second-tier match in England. The Football Association is investigating.