CARSON, Calif. — Robbie Keane scored twice to help the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Portland Timbers 3-1 on Saturday. Keane has 12 goals this season, fourth in MLS.
The Timbers (6-7-9) opened the scoring when Diego Valeri converted a free kick in the 14th minute. The Galaxy (9-4-6) drew even in first-half stoppage time as Zardes headed in Robbie Rogers’ cross.
Other MLS games
Toronto FC 2, at Impact 0
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
Most Read Stories
Gilberto and Luke Moore scored in Toronto FC’s (8-7-5) victory over Montreal (3-13-5).
At Red Bulls 2, Revolution 1
Bradley Wright-Phillips scored his MLS-leading 18th goal as 10-man New York (6-6-10) beat New England (8-12-2).
Real Salt Lake 1, at Rapids 0
Nick Rimando tied the MLS record with his 112th shutout in 10-man Real Salt Lake’s victory over Colorado (8-7-6). Javier Morales scored in the 14th minute for Salt Lake (8-4-9).
Crew 1, at Fire 1
Federico Higuain scored 10 seconds into the second half in Columbus’ (6-7-9) tie with Chicago (3-5-13). Mike Magee scored for the Fire in the 37th minute.
• Olimpiakos beat Manchester City 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 tie in the International Challenge Cup game in Minneapolis.
• Manchester United beat Real Madrid 3-1 in front of the largest crowd to see a soccer game in the United States — 109,318 in Ann Arbor, Mich.
• Liverpool beat AC Milan 2-0 in Charlotte, N.C., to advance to the International Challenge Cup final. Liverpool faces Manchester United on Monday night in Miami.
• Inter Milan beat AS Roma 2-0 in Philadelphia.