Chris Eylander, former goalkeeper for the United Soccer Leagues First Division Sounders, has signed a multiyear contract with Sounders FC...
Chris Eylander, former goalkeeper for the United Soccer Leagues First Division Sounders, has signed a multiyear contract with Sounders FC.
Eylander, 24, is expected to become Sounders FC’s No. 2 goalkeeper behind Kasey Keller. He’ll be reunited with his USL Sounders goalkeepers coach, Tom Dutra, who was named a Sounders FC assistant last week.
Sounders FC general manager Adrian Hanauer had publicly stated that the team was trying to sign Eylander, the third former USL Sounder to join the team. The Washington graduate from Auburn led the USL in saves the past two seasons.
“Having played for the USL Sounders the past three years and having grown up in the area, I had always wanted to play in MLS,” Eylander said in a statement. “To reach that goal and do so by playing for the first MLS team in Seattle is really, really special for me and very exciting.”
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- One flight missed, whole trip gets canceled. And no refund
- The remarkable redemption of M's prospect Jesus Montero continues in Tacoma
- Video captures fiery lava explosion at Hawaii volcano
Most Read Stories
Terms of Eylander’s deal were not disclosed.
• Keller will make an appearance from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Lincoln Square Cinemas, 700 Bellevue Way NE. He will sign autographs and read from Lois Duncan‘s book “Hotel for Dogs,” before a special advance screening of a film based on the book.