SANDY, Utah — Ike Opara scored more than six minutes into second-half stoppage time to give Sporting Kansas City a 2-1 victory over Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Soony Saad had a goal in the 68th minute for Sporting KC, which made the most of a man advantage.
Robbie Findley scored in the 56th minute for RSL, which went a man down in the 67th minute when Chris Wingert was shown his second yellow card and ejected from the match.
Around the league
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
• New England scored twice in second-half stoppage time to win, 2-0, at Columbus.
• Jose Villarreal and Gyasi Zardes scored as the Los Angeles Galaxy beat visiting Vancouver, 2-1.
• Chris Rolfe scored twice as host Chicago beat D.C. United, 4-1.
• Three games ended in scoreless draws: Portland at Philadelphia, Dallas at Montreal, and New York at Toronto.
Raul Jimenez scored in the 84th minute to lead Mexico to a 1-0 victory over Trinidad and Tobago in the quarterfinals in Atlanta.
In the semifinals next week, Mexico will face Panama, which beat Cuba 6-1 in Atlanta.