The host Houston Dynamo beat D.C. United 3-1 in the first leg of their home-and-home, total-goals Major League Soccer Eastern Conference final series.
HOUSTON — The Houston Dynamo is 90 minutes from its fourth MLS Cup final since 2006.
Andre Hainault, Will Bruin and Kofi Sarkodie scored second-half goals as Houston beat D.C. United 3-1 Sunday in the first leg of the Major League Soccer Eastern Conference finals.
The home-and-home, total-goals series ends Sunday in Washington.
Houston extended its home unbeaten streak to 30 matches in all competitions, dating to June 2011.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75