The host Houston Dynamo beat D.C. United 3-1 in the first leg of their home-and-home, total-goals Major League Soccer Eastern Conference final series.
HOUSTON — The Houston Dynamo is 90 minutes from its fourth MLS Cup final since 2006.
Andre Hainault, Will Bruin and Kofi Sarkodie scored second-half goals as Houston beat D.C. United 3-1 Sunday in the first leg of the Major League Soccer Eastern Conference finals.
The home-and-home, total-goals series ends Sunday in Washington.
Houston extended its home unbeaten streak to 30 matches in all competitions, dating to June 2011.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School grand opening is Thursday
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer