The host Houston Dynamo beat D.C. United 3-1 in the first leg of their home-and-home, total-goals Major League Soccer Eastern Conference final series.
HOUSTON — The Houston Dynamo is 90 minutes from its fourth MLS Cup final since 2006.
Andre Hainault, Will Bruin and Kofi Sarkodie scored second-half goals as Houston beat D.C. United 3-1 Sunday in the first leg of the Major League Soccer Eastern Conference finals.
The home-and-home, total-goals series ends Sunday in Washington.
Houston extended its home unbeaten streak to 30 matches in all competitions, dating to June 2011.
- Oregon mother of missing boy: 'It doesn't get easier with time'
- Widespread Comcast outage reported in Puget Sound
- Seattle cyclist crashes into pedestrian, then stabs him
- Dumping of halibut sparks fight among North Pacific fishing fleets
- Navy's first openly gay SEAL rebuilding his life in Bible Belt