The host Houston Dynamo beat D.C. United 3-1 in the first leg of their home-and-home, total-goals Major League Soccer Eastern Conference final series.
HOUSTON — The Houston Dynamo is 90 minutes from its fourth MLS Cup final since 2006.
Andre Hainault, Will Bruin and Kofi Sarkodie scored second-half goals as Houston beat D.C. United 3-1 Sunday in the first leg of the Major League Soccer Eastern Conference finals.
The home-and-home, total-goals series ends Sunday in Washington.
Houston extended its home unbeaten streak to 30 matches in all competitions, dating to June 2011.
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state's payday-lending law
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative