Is this the year Sounders FC wins the MLS Cup? Answering these five questions will be key: 1 Can new acquisition Eddie Johnson stay healthy...
Is this the year Sounders FC wins the MLS Cup? Answering these five questions will be key:
1 Can new acquisition Eddie Johnson stay healthy?
The forward could be great, but has already injured his hamstring and hip flexor leading into the MLS opener.
2 If so, will he mesh alongside Fredy Montero up front?
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
Most Read Stories
The Sounders have long sought a consistent forward partner to pair with their leading scorer.
3 How will Michael Gspurning fare as the new keeper?
It won’t be easy to fill the gloves of the beloved Kasey Keller, who retired after last season.
4 Can depth carry them in multiple competitions?
Quality through the bottom of the roster has helped Seattle win three consecutive U.S. Open Cups.
5 Is this a championship defense?
The Sounders have proved their ability to score, but allowing six goals to Santos on Wednesday raised serious concerns about the defense.