Is this the year Sounders FC wins the MLS Cup? Answering these five questions will be key: 1 Can new acquisition Eddie Johnson stay healthy...
Is this the year Sounders FC wins the MLS Cup? Answering these five questions will be key:
1 Can new acquisition Eddie Johnson stay healthy?
The forward could be great, but has already injured his hamstring and hip flexor leading into the MLS opener.
2 If so, will he mesh alongside Fredy Montero up front?
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
The Sounders have long sought a consistent forward partner to pair with their leading scorer.
3 How will Michael Gspurning fare as the new keeper?
It won’t be easy to fill the gloves of the beloved Kasey Keller, who retired after last season.
4 Can depth carry them in multiple competitions?
Quality through the bottom of the roster has helped Seattle win three consecutive U.S. Open Cups.
5 Is this a championship defense?
The Sounders have proved their ability to score, but allowing six goals to Santos on Wednesday raised serious concerns about the defense.