Is this the year Sounders FC wins the MLS Cup? Answering these five questions will be key: 1 Can new acquisition Eddie Johnson stay healthy...
Is this the year Sounders FC wins the MLS Cup? Answering these five questions will be key:
1 Can new acquisition Eddie Johnson stay healthy?
The forward could be great, but has already injured his hamstring and hip flexor leading into the MLS opener.
2 If so, will he mesh alongside Fredy Montero up front?
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
The Sounders have long sought a consistent forward partner to pair with their leading scorer.
3 How will Michael Gspurning fare as the new keeper?
It won’t be easy to fill the gloves of the beloved Kasey Keller, who retired after last season.
4 Can depth carry them in multiple competitions?
Quality through the bottom of the roster has helped Seattle win three consecutive U.S. Open Cups.
5 Is this a championship defense?
The Sounders have proved their ability to score, but allowing six goals to Santos on Wednesday raised serious concerns about the defense.