George John scored in the 87th minute to carry FC Dallas to a 1-0 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday night. John directed a header...
FRISCO, Texas — George John scored in the 87th minute to carry FC Dallas to a 1-0 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday night.
John directed a header into the left corner from less than 5 yards, then hit the back of his head on the right post, opening a cut.
Dallas (5-1-1) improved to 4-0 at home.
In the 69th minute Dallas goalkeeper Raul Fernandez slid a few feet to his left to deflect Landon Donovan’s penalty kick. Donovan has scored more career goals against Dallas than any other player with 17.
- Death of Evergreen senior, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
Most Read Stories
Fernandez finished with three saves.
Donovan made his first MLS start of the season for Los Angeles (2-1-2).
Red Bulls 2,
at D.C. United 0
Thierry Henry scored in his first start in a month, and defender Jamison Olave added a goal in New York’s victory over D.C. United.
Henry, back at full strength after a knee injury, opened the scoring in the 29th minute, and Olave scored in the 36th to help New York (2-3-2) win for the first time in its past five tries at RFK Stadium dating to April 2011.
United (1-4-1) has scored only two goals and been shut out four times. It has lost two straight at home after a 17-game unbeaten run.
Real Salt Lake 1,
at Whitecaps 1
Camilo scored on a penalty kick in the 84th minute to help Vancouver tie Real Salt Lake.
Camilo scored after having four shots stopped in the first half as the Whitecaps (2-2-2) earned a point in their first home game since March 9.
Second-half substitute Olmes Garcia opened the scoring for Salt Lake (2-3-2) in the 66th minute.
Toronto FC 1, at Union 1
Jack McInerney scored in the second minute of stoppage time to give Philadelphia a tie with Toronto FC.
McInerney, who leads the Union (2-2-2) with four goals, scored about four minutes after Ashtone Morgan of Toronto FC (1-2-3) was ejected with a red card.
Toronto opened the scoring in the 71st minute when Robert Earnshaw scored his fifth goal of the season.
Rapids 1, at Chivas USA 0
Rookie Deshorn Brown scored on a penalty kick in the seventh minute and Colorado held on for a victory over Chivas USA.
The Rapids (2-3-2), missing six top players due to injury, won back-to-back games for the first time this season.
Chivas USA (3-2-1) missed a penalty kick near the end of the first half.
• Millwall fans fought among themselves at Wembley Stadium, overshadowing Wigan’s 2-0 win that advanced the club to the first FA Cup final in its 81-year history. Ten people were arrested. Wigan will return to Wembley for the final against Manchester City or Chelsea.
• Lionel Messi was left out of Barcelona’s roster for its Spanish league game at Real Zaragoza on Sunday.