George John scored in the 87th minute to carry FC Dallas to a 1-0 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday night. John directed a header...
FRISCO, Texas — George John scored in the 87th minute to carry FC Dallas to a 1-0 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday night.
John directed a header into the left corner from less than 5 yards, then hit the back of his head on the right post, opening a cut.
Dallas (5-1-1) improved to 4-0 at home.
In the 69th minute Dallas goalkeeper Raul Fernandez slid a few feet to his left to deflect Landon Donovan’s penalty kick. Donovan has scored more career goals against Dallas than any other player with 17.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
Fernandez finished with three saves.
Donovan made his first MLS start of the season for Los Angeles (2-1-2).
Red Bulls 2,
at D.C. United 0
Thierry Henry scored in his first start in a month, and defender Jamison Olave added a goal in New York’s victory over D.C. United.
Henry, back at full strength after a knee injury, opened the scoring in the 29th minute, and Olave scored in the 36th to help New York (2-3-2) win for the first time in its past five tries at RFK Stadium dating to April 2011.
United (1-4-1) has scored only two goals and been shut out four times. It has lost two straight at home after a 17-game unbeaten run.
Real Salt Lake 1,
at Whitecaps 1
Camilo scored on a penalty kick in the 84th minute to help Vancouver tie Real Salt Lake.
Camilo scored after having four shots stopped in the first half as the Whitecaps (2-2-2) earned a point in their first home game since March 9.
Second-half substitute Olmes Garcia opened the scoring for Salt Lake (2-3-2) in the 66th minute.
Toronto FC 1, at Union 1
Jack McInerney scored in the second minute of stoppage time to give Philadelphia a tie with Toronto FC.
McInerney, who leads the Union (2-2-2) with four goals, scored about four minutes after Ashtone Morgan of Toronto FC (1-2-3) was ejected with a red card.
Toronto opened the scoring in the 71st minute when Robert Earnshaw scored his fifth goal of the season.
Rapids 1, at Chivas USA 0
Rookie Deshorn Brown scored on a penalty kick in the seventh minute and Colorado held on for a victory over Chivas USA.
The Rapids (2-3-2), missing six top players due to injury, won back-to-back games for the first time this season.
Chivas USA (3-2-1) missed a penalty kick near the end of the first half.
• Millwall fans fought among themselves at Wembley Stadium, overshadowing Wigan’s 2-0 win that advanced the club to the first FA Cup final in its 81-year history. Ten people were arrested. Wigan will return to Wembley for the final against Manchester City or Chelsea.
• Lionel Messi was left out of Barcelona’s roster for its Spanish league game at Real Zaragoza on Sunday.