Just as the DeAndre Yedlin rumor mill finally seemed to be slowing, a Wednesday morning tweet from ESPN’s Taylor Twellman set it spinning wildly again.
This time, the speculation involved Tottenham Hotspur, a club that finished sixth in the English Premier League last season.
“Hearing Spurs have jumped ahead of everyone else in Yedlin sweepstakes. He’d stay in Seattle for 2014 before joining Tottenham,” read a tweet from Twellman.
Said Yedlin after the MLS All-Star Game: “Nothing is really finalized yet. I’m waiting, letting my agency handle it.”
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
A potential complication was the closure of the Major League Soccer transfer deadline Wednesday at 2 p.m. PST.
Unless Tottenham and Seattle agreed to terms before the deadline, the 21-year-old Yedlin would have to join Spurs immediately and he could not be loaned back to the Sounders for the rest of the year.
Messages left with Sounders part owner and general manager Adrian Hanauer, and Yedlin’s agent, Chris Megaloudis, were not immediately answered.