Will Bruin scored twice and the Houston Dynamo beat the Chicago Fire 2-1 in the wild-card round of the MLS Eastern Conference playoffs Wednesday...
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. — Will Bruin scored twice and the Houston Dynamo beat the Chicago Fire 2-1 in the wild-card round of the MLS Eastern Conference playoffs Wednesday night.
The Dynamo, which hadn’t beaten the Fire since 2010, will host top-seeded Kansas City in Sunday’s first leg of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Houston had to hold off Chicago after Brazilian veteran Alex beat Dynamo goalkeeper Tally Hall in the 82nd minute.
Bruin, a first-round pick in the 2011 draft, headed in a corner kick for his first goal. Midfielder Brad Davis’ cross from the left side was perfect, with Bruin’s header bouncing off the turf in the 12th minute.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
Most Read Stories
• In the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy, MLS asked second-seeded D.C. United and the third-seeded New York Red Bulls to alternate home dates in their upcoming Eastern Conference semifinal series. The opening game will now be played in Washington on Saturday. The Red Bulls will host the return leg of the two-game, total-goal series on Wednesday, Nov. 7.