Current national team stars Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey were voted to the U.S. Soccer Federation's All-Time Men's National Team Best XI as part of the governing body's 100th anniversary celebration.
Current national team stars Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey were voted to the U.S. Soccer Federation’s All-Time Men’s National Team Best XI as part of the governing body’s 100th anniversary celebration.
Donovan was selected on 52 of 57 ballots in voting announced Friday, the highest total of any player.
Brad Friedel (25 votes) was picked for goalkeeper ahead of Kasey Keller (14), Tim Howard (13) and Tony Meola (4).
Marcelo Balboa, Carlos Bocanegra, Steve Cherundolo and Eddie Pope were voted at defender, and Donovan and Dempsey were joined in the midfielder by Claudio Reyna and Tab Ramos.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
Most Read Stories
Brian McBride and Eric Wynalda were selected at forward.
Voters include media, administrators and former players.