Current national team stars Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey were voted to the U.S. Soccer Federation's All-Time Men's National Team Best XI as part of the governing body's 100th anniversary celebration.
Current national team stars Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey were voted to the U.S. Soccer Federation’s All-Time Men’s National Team Best XI as part of the governing body’s 100th anniversary celebration.
Donovan was selected on 52 of 57 ballots in voting announced Friday, the highest total of any player.
Brad Friedel (25 votes) was picked for goalkeeper ahead of Kasey Keller (14), Tim Howard (13) and Tony Meola (4).
Marcelo Balboa, Carlos Bocanegra, Steve Cherundolo and Eddie Pope were voted at defender, and Donovan and Dempsey were joined in the midfielder by Claudio Reyna and Tab Ramos.
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
- TCU QB Trevone Boykin among Seahawks' undrafted free agent signings
- Seahawks bolster key areas of need on Day 3 of NFL draft
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Bellevue High principal leaves school amid scrutiny of football program
Most Read Stories
Brian McBride and Eric Wynalda were selected at forward.
Voters include media, administrators and former players.