David Beckham, who announced his retirement from soccer on Thursday, played six games in Seattle.
Beckham in Seattle
David Beckham, who announced his retirement from soccer on Thursday, played against Sounders FC four times in Seattle as a member of the Los Angeles Galaxy. He also played in Seattle in 2009 with the Galaxy against Real Salt Lake in the MLS Cup and in 2006, with Real Madrid against D.C. United. Beckham did not score a goal in his six games in Seattle.
Aug. 9, 2006: Real Madrid tied D.C. United, 1-1, in a friendly.
Nov. 22, 2009: Galaxy lost MLS Cup to Real Salt Lake on penalty kicks. Beckham was successful on his penalty kick, but Real Salt Lake had a 5-4 advantage.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
Oct. 31, 2010: Played in 1-0 win over Sounders in Western Conference semifinals.
March 15, 2011: Played in MLS season opener, a 1-0 victory over the Sounders.
Aug. 5, 2012: Played in Sounders’ 4-0 win over Galaxy.
Nov. 18, 2012: Played in second leg of Western Conference finals, a 2-1 Sounders victory. The Galaxy advanced, having won the first game 3-0.