On the verge of retiring in 2012, Marcus Hahnemann was coaxed into finishing his remarkable goalkeeping career with Sounders FC. Now, less than two years later, he’ll likely be the club’s starting keeper in 2014.
After winning the 1993 NCAA Division || National Championship at Seattle Pacific University, his professional soccer odyssey has taken him to many places, including a successful stint with the A-League Seattle Sounders starting in 1994. From 1997 to 2012, he played for six clubs: Colorado, Fulham, Rochdale, Reading, Wolverhampton and Everton.
Hahnemann answered questions about his playing days in England, the upcoming 2014 season with the Sounders and more in a chat on Thursday afternoon.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again