Ray Allen scored 20 points and Rashard Lewis added 17 as the Seattle SuperSonics overcame the ejections of Jerome James and Danny Fortson to beat the Atlanta Hawks 94-79 Thursday.
ATLANTA — Ray Allen scored 20 points and Rashard Lewis added 17 as the Seattle SuperSonics overcame the ejections of Jerome James and Danny Fortson to beat the Atlanta Hawks 94-79 Thursday.
The Sonics improved to 21-6, including 10-3 on the road.
Official Bob Delaney ejected James after giving the center his first technical foul with 7:14 left in the third quarter. James, called for an offensive foul, appeared to use an expletive as he looked down at Delaney.
With 6:33 remaining in the fourth quarter, Fortson complained about contact on Seattle’s offensive end and was tossed by Delaney.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors VIEW
- Huskies show off talent in spring scrimmage, focus on season ahead VIEW
The Hawks, who dropped to an Eastern Conference-worst 5-23, have lost eight of nine. Antoine Walker led Atlanta with 19 points and 11 rebounds.
Seattle coach Nate McMillan called a timeout soon after James’ ejection when the Hawks drew within 13 on Walker’s tip-in. Allen responded with a 3-pointer from the right wing that began a 15-5 run that included a bank shot over Walker on a fast break.
Allen put the Sonics ahead to stay with a 3-pointer at the 4:32 mark of the first quarter. Reserve Nick Collison pulled down 11 rebounds for Seattle.
Notes:@ Antonio Daniels fell hard to the floor after Tyronn Lue fouled him. Daniels remained in the game. … The Sonics are 6-2 in their last eight games against Atlanta.