Well, it is the exhibition season, right?
A streaker in Cleveland produced the NFL preseason’s longest run — 85 yards — before stadium security finally tackled him in the end zone during last Thursday’s Browns-Lions game.
Anthony Saveriano, 20, has been charged with criminal trespassing, public indecency and backfield in motion.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
Most Read Stories
• At TheOnion.com: “Massachusetts evacuated to prevent any contact with Tom Brady’s knee.”
• At SportsPickle.com: “Dodgers ownership gives Don Mattingly vote of confidence.”
Tweet of the Week
From ESPN’s Adam Schefter: “Confirmed: A-Rod’s associates did not turn in Von Miller.”
Paging George Plimpton
The Detroit Lions, despite $248 million in revenue last year, posted an operating loss of $3.5 million last year – the only NFL team to lose money last year – according to Forbes magazine.
Hey, if someone can make a best-seller out of “Moneyball,” why not “Pauper Lion”?
“0.00004 percent” is in the news because it’s the:
a) Amount of Internet traffic the NSA is purported to monitor
b) Miami Marlins’ batting average with runners in scoring position.
Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux needed finger surgery after a golf club shattered in his hands.
Team officials suggested he stick to playing something a little less dangerous — like, say, hockey.
AP preseason voters picked the Alabama Crimson Tide as the near-unanimous No. 1 team in:
a) college football
b) the NFC South
• Jay Busbee of Yahoo.com, on rocker Gene Simmons buying an arena football team — to be named the L.A. KISS: “The team will run a nontraditional offense: not the pistol, not the shotgun, the Love Gun.”
• Scott Ostler of the San Francisco Chronicle, on Tiger Woods: “The greatest golfer to never win a major since 2008.”
• Blogger TC Chong, from Texas A&M’s latest football injury report: “QB Johnny Manziel, questionable (writer’s cramp).”
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on the Little League World Series: “It’s just nice to see some baseball players enjoying a growth spurt that’s not PED-related.”
A zoo in Henan, China was caught trying to pass off a dog as a lion.
Hey, don’t laugh — Matt Millen got away with it for years in Detroit.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org