Carson Stadnyk scored the go-ahead goal with less than two minutes left to play as the Everett Silvertips beat the Victoria Royals 3-2 Saturday night at Comcast Arena.
Mirco Mueller and Ben Betker scored second-period goals to give Everett (39-23-7-2, 87 points) a 2-1 lead going into the third period.
Tyler Soy got the equalizer for Victoria (48-20-1-3, 100 points) with 3½ minutes left to play.
Austin Lotz made 22 saves for the Silvertips, who passed Seattle for fourth place in the Western Conference of the Western Hockey League. Both teams have already clinched playoff berths.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
Everett plays at Portland (53-13-2-3, 111 points) on Sunday.
T-birds loseat Portland
Oliver Bjorkstrand had a hat trick as the host Portland Winterhawks hammered the Seattle Thunderbirds 7-0.
Seattle (40-25-2-4, 86 points) was outshot 44-28.
The Thunderbirds play at Tri-City (29-32-4-6, 68 points) on Sunday.
From Internet reports