Carson Stadnyk scored the go-ahead goal with less than two minutes left to play as the Everett Silvertips beat the Victoria Royals 3-2 Saturday night at Comcast Arena.
Mirco Mueller and Ben Betker scored second-period goals to give Everett (39-23-7-2, 87 points) a 2-1 lead going into the third period.
Tyler Soy got the equalizer for Victoria (48-20-1-3, 100 points) with 3½ minutes left to play.
Austin Lotz made 22 saves for the Silvertips, who passed Seattle for fourth place in the Western Conference of the Western Hockey League. Both teams have already clinched playoff berths.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
Most Read Stories
Everett plays at Portland (53-13-2-3, 111 points) on Sunday.
T-birds loseat Portland
Oliver Bjorkstrand had a hat trick as the host Portland Winterhawks hammered the Seattle Thunderbirds 7-0.
Seattle (40-25-2-4, 86 points) was outshot 44-28.
The Thunderbirds play at Tri-City (29-32-4-6, 68 points) on Sunday.
From Internet reports