TERRE HAUTE, Ind. — Cleanthony Early scored 19 points and Tekele Cotton added 14 as No. 4 Wichita State remained unbeaten with a 65-58 victory at Indiana State on Wednesday night.
The Shockers (24-0, 11-0 Missouri Valley) extended their school-record winning streak and improved to 11-0 in conference play for the first time in school history.
Manny Arup had 16 points and Jake Odum added 11 for Indiana State (17-6, 8-3).
Other top 10 men
- WWU cancels classes as social-media hate speech is investigated
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
Most Read Stories
At No. 10 Mich. 79, Nebraska 50
Freshman Zak Irvin scored all 16 of his points in the first half as Michigan breezed to victory. The Wolverines (17-5, 9-1 Big Ten) were coming off their first conference defeat, a 63-52 loss at Indiana on Sunday. They nearly matched that scoring total with a 49-point first half against the Cornhuskers (11-10, 3-6). Glenn Robinson III led Michigan with 23 points and Caris LeVert added 16 points.
No. 5 San Diego St. 67, at Boise St. 65
Dwayne Polee II hit a three-pointer with four seconds left as San Diego State rallied from a 14-point deficit to stun Boise State (15-8, 5-5 Mountain West) and extend its winning streak to 19 games. Xavier Thames scored 23 points for the Aztecs (20-1, 9-0).