PORTLAND, Ore. – Seattle U’s Collin Overbay continued his preparation for the USA Junior Outdoor Track and Field Championships by competing in the Portland Track Festival on Saturday at Lewis & Clark College, setting a new school record in the 1500 meter run.
Overbay, who attended Gonzaga Prep in Spokane, finished fourth in his heat and 24th overall in the 1500 meter run with a time of 3:49.82, a half-second faster than the previous school standard he posted April 26 at the OSU High Performance Meet in Corvallis, Ore.
Track and field
For the third consecutive year, a Pacific Lutheran student-athlete earned the Northwest Conference Woman of the Year Award. Softball player Kaaren Hatlen is the 2013 honoree and becomes the conference’s nominee for the 2013 NCAA Woman of the Year award.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
From team reports.