PORTLAND, Ore. – Seattle U’s Collin Overbay continued his preparation for the USA Junior Outdoor Track and Field Championships by competing in the Portland Track Festival on Saturday at Lewis & Clark College, setting a new school record in the 1500 meter run.
Overbay, who attended Gonzaga Prep in Spokane, finished fourth in his heat and 24th overall in the 1500 meter run with a time of 3:49.82, a half-second faster than the previous school standard he posted April 26 at the OSU High Performance Meet in Corvallis, Ore.
Track and field
For the third consecutive year, a Pacific Lutheran student-athlete earned the Northwest Conference Woman of the Year Award. Softball player Kaaren Hatlen is the 2013 honoree and becomes the conference’s nominee for the 2013 NCAA Woman of the Year award.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
From team reports.