PORTLAND, Ore. – Seattle U’s Collin Overbay continued his preparation for the USA Junior Outdoor Track and Field Championships by competing in the Portland Track Festival on Saturday at Lewis & Clark College, setting a new school record in the 1500 meter run.
Overbay, who attended Gonzaga Prep in Spokane, finished fourth in his heat and 24th overall in the 1500 meter run with a time of 3:49.82, a half-second faster than the previous school standard he posted April 26 at the OSU High Performance Meet in Corvallis, Ore.
Track and field
For the third consecutive year, a Pacific Lutheran student-athlete earned the Northwest Conference Woman of the Year Award. Softball player Kaaren Hatlen is the 2013 honoree and becomes the conference’s nominee for the 2013 NCAA Woman of the Year award.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
From team reports.