Kannon Burrage had 26 points and 13 rebounds, and No. 9 seed UT-San Antonio stunned top-seeded Louisiana Tech 73-67 on Thursday night to...
LAS VEGAS — Kannon Burrage had 26 points and 13 rebounds, and No. 9 seed UT-San Antonio stunned top-seeded Louisiana Tech 73-67 on Thursday night to reach the Western Athletic Conference tournament semifinals.
Michael Hale II added 17 points for the Roadrunners (10-21), who shot 54 percent from the floor in the second half to rally for the win. UTSA went ahead for good, 43-41, on Hale’s layup with 14:14 to play and later led by as many as 12.
Friday, the Roadrunners will face fourth-seeded Texas-Arlington, which beat No. 5 seed Utah State 83-78 later Thursday.
Kenneth Smith had 16 points for the Bulldogs (26-6).
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars
Most Read Stories
• Joel Wright scored 32 points to lead Texas State in a 72-68 upset over No. 2 seed Denver in the quarterfinals. Wright added seven rebounds for the Bobcats, who eliminated Seattle U on Tuesday.
• Daniel Mullings scored 23 points to lead New Mexico State over Idaho 65-49 in the quarterfinals.