Kannon Burrage had 26 points and 13 rebounds, and No. 9 seed UT-San Antonio stunned top-seeded Louisiana Tech 73-67 on Thursday night to...
LAS VEGAS — Kannon Burrage had 26 points and 13 rebounds, and No. 9 seed UT-San Antonio stunned top-seeded Louisiana Tech 73-67 on Thursday night to reach the Western Athletic Conference tournament semifinals.
Michael Hale II added 17 points for the Roadrunners (10-21), who shot 54 percent from the floor in the second half to rally for the win. UTSA went ahead for good, 43-41, on Hale’s layup with 14:14 to play and later led by as many as 12.
Friday, the Roadrunners will face fourth-seeded Texas-Arlington, which beat No. 5 seed Utah State 83-78 later Thursday.
Kenneth Smith had 16 points for the Bulldogs (26-6).
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
Most Read Stories
• Joel Wright scored 32 points to lead Texas State in a 72-68 upset over No. 2 seed Denver in the quarterfinals. Wright added seven rebounds for the Bobcats, who eliminated Seattle U on Tuesday.
• Daniel Mullings scored 23 points to lead New Mexico State over Idaho 65-49 in the quarterfinals.