SAN DIEGO — Hot-shooting San Diego beat the Seattle University women’s basketball team 79-56 to remain undefeated.
The Toreros (9-0) shot 51.8 percent from the field.
Seattle U (3-6) opened the game with an 8-0 run but fell behind 42-26 by halftime.
San Diego led by 20 points or more for most of the second half.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Seahawks’ third exhibition game may be a dress rehearsal, but it does have significance
Most Read Stories
Ashley Ward led the Redhawks with 16 points, while Kacie Sowell added 13. Taelor Ross and Kaylee Best had seven each.
Amy Kame led San Diego with 18 points. Katelyn McDaniel had 17 points and 12 rebounds.
Seattle U’s next game is Saturday at home against Montana State.
Compiled from sports information