Talisa Rhea had 19 points and five assists as the Seattle University women's basketball team clinched a winning season with a 70-41 victory over Utah Valley on Saturday at Connolly Center.
Talisa Rhea had 19 points and five assists as the Seattle University women’s basketball team clinched a winning season with a 70-41 victory over Utah Valley on Saturday at Connolly Center.
It’s the Redhawks’ first winning season since 2008-09.
Kacie Sowell had 15 points and 11 rebounds for Seattle U (15-9). Sylvia Shephard and Daidra Brown scored 10 points apiece.
“I think in the first half, we were a little ragged,” coach Joan Bonvicini said. ” … But we really came out strong, aggressive and really got in rhythm right after halftime.”
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
The Redhawks play at Chicago State on Wednesday.
From team report