Sylvia Shephard scored 23 points as the Seattle University women's basketball team garnered its first road victory of the season, 76-71...
MOSCOW, Idaho — Sylvia Shephard scored 23 points as the Seattle University women’s basketball team garnered its first road victory of the season, 76-71 over Idaho in both teams’ Western Athletic Conference opener Saturday.
Trailing 71-69 with 1:34 left, Daidra Brown converted a three-point play to give the Redhawks (4-6, 1-0) the lead. Shephard and Ashley Ward added free throws to seal the deal. Brown had 19 points, eight rebounds and six assists. Ward finished with 16 points.
“We’ve had so many games like this throughout the season that we haven’t won, and it was the first time all year that we really got gritty, mentally tough, and really executed down the stretch,” SU coach Joan Bonvicini said.
Stacey Barr scored 18 points for Idaho (3-9, 0-1).
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam