Ashley Ward scored 24 points and Kacie Sowell had 23 as the Seattle University women's basketball team beat UT Arlington 78-64 Saturday and now sits alone top the Western Athletic Conference standings.
ARLINGTON, Texas — Ashley Ward scored 24 points and Kacie Sowell had 23 as the Seattle University women’s basketball team beat UT Arlington 78-64 Saturday and now sits alone on top of the Western Athletic Conference standings.
While Seattle U (15-9, 12-3) was winning, co-leader Utah State was losing to New Mexico State 106-94.
Ward hit four three-pointers and also had six assists for the Redhawks. Sowell shot 8 of 13 from the field and also had 12 rebounds and three steals. Sylvia Shephard contributed 11 points.
Kelsey Willson had 12 points to lead UT Arlington (5-19, 3-11).
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
The Redhawks host Texas State on Feb. 28.