Seattle University’s Isiah Umipig was named Western Athletic Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week on Monday.
Umipig, a junior guard from Federal Way, led the Redhawks to a 3-0 record last week.
For the week, Umipig averaged 20.7 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.5 blocks. Later in the day, CollegeInsider.com announced that Umipig was named the Lou Henson Award National Mid-Major Player of the Week.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
Most Read Stories
• Sophomore defenseman Bryson Pavel of Seattle Pacific and Western Washington senior forward Andrew Weishaar were picked to the first team of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America/NCAA Division II West Region men’s soccer team.
SPU freshman goalkeeper Cody Lang and senior midfielder Anthony Mohammed were second-team picks and freshman defenseman Davis Karaica was on the third team. Western junior goalkeeper Keegan Rogers also was on the third team.
From sports-information reports.