Seattle University’s Isiah Umipig was named Western Athletic Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week on Monday.
Umipig, a junior guard from Federal Way, led the Redhawks to a 3-0 record last week.
For the week, Umipig averaged 20.7 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.5 blocks. Later in the day, CollegeInsider.com announced that Umipig was named the Lou Henson Award National Mid-Major Player of the Week.
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- Seattle’s Panama Hotel deemed a National Treasure
Most Read Stories
• Sophomore defenseman Bryson Pavel of Seattle Pacific and Western Washington senior forward Andrew Weishaar were picked to the first team of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America/NCAA Division II West Region men’s soccer team.
SPU freshman goalkeeper Cody Lang and senior midfielder Anthony Mohammed were second-team picks and freshman defenseman Davis Karaica was on the third team. Western junior goalkeeper Keegan Rogers also was on the third team.
From sports-information reports.