Seattle University’s Isiah Umipig was named Western Athletic Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week on Monday.
Umipig, a junior guard from Federal Way, led the Redhawks to a 3-0 record last week.
For the week, Umipig averaged 20.7 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.5 blocks. Later in the day, CollegeInsider.com announced that Umipig was named the Lou Henson Award National Mid-Major Player of the Week.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
Most Read Stories
• Sophomore defenseman Bryson Pavel of Seattle Pacific and Western Washington senior forward Andrew Weishaar were picked to the first team of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America/NCAA Division II West Region men’s soccer team.
SPU freshman goalkeeper Cody Lang and senior midfielder Anthony Mohammed were second-team picks and freshman defenseman Davis Karaica was on the third team. Western junior goalkeeper Keegan Rogers also was on the third team.
From sports-information reports.