Seattle University’s Isiah Umipig was named Western Athletic Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week on Monday.
Umipig, a junior guard from Federal Way, led the Redhawks to a 3-0 record last week.
For the week, Umipig averaged 20.7 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.5 blocks. Later in the day, CollegeInsider.com announced that Umipig was named the Lou Henson Award National Mid-Major Player of the Week.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
Most Read Stories
• Sophomore defenseman Bryson Pavel of Seattle Pacific and Western Washington senior forward Andrew Weishaar were picked to the first team of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America/NCAA Division II West Region men’s soccer team.
SPU freshman goalkeeper Cody Lang and senior midfielder Anthony Mohammed were second-team picks and freshman defenseman Davis Karaica was on the third team. Western junior goalkeeper Keegan Rogers also was on the third team.
From sports-information reports.