Redhawks win fifth consecutive game. improve to 17-9
Seattle University extended its winning streak to five games with a 64-42 rout of UC Riverside in women’s basketball Sunday afternoon at the Connolly Center.
For the Redhawks (17-9), Kacie Sowell had 10 points and 14 rebounds. Talisa Rhea scored 14 and Ashley Ward had 12 points and seven rebounds.
The Highlanders shot 33.3 percent (18 for 54) from the field and made 4 of 12 free throws.
Jessica Ogunnorin led the Highlanders (5-23) with 11 points. Natasha Hadley had 10 points.
- Widespread Comcast outage reported in Puget Sound
- Oregon mother of missing boy: 'It doesn't get easier with time'
- Seattle cyclist crashes into pedestrian, then stabs him
- Largest organic grocer now Costco, analysts say
- Dumping of halibut sparks fight among North Pacific fishing fleets
Most Read Stories
“Despite their record, I thought UC Riverside played really hard,” Seattle U coach Joan Bonvicini said. “It was a balanced win. I think they made us earn every point, but I thought our players rose to the challenge.”