Seattle University pulled away for an 89-68 Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball victory Saturday over Grand Canyon at Connolly Center.
Kacie Sowell led the Redhawks (10-10, 5-2 WAC) with 19 points. Ashley Ward, Alexis Montgomery and Wilma Afunugo each scored 14 points as SU won its sixth straight at home.
Kaitlyn Peterson scored 28 for Grand Canyon (13-6, 2-4).
The Redhawks shot 36 of 63 (57.1 percent) from the field.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
Most Read Stories
“Honestly, I thought it was the best game we’ve played all year,” said Seattle U coach Joan Bonvicini. “Grand Canyon really is a good team and I thought, just from the get-go, our defense was really on point, we were focused, and we outrebounded them.”