Seattle University pulled away for an 89-68 Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball victory Saturday over Grand Canyon at Connolly Center.
Kacie Sowell led the Redhawks (10-10, 5-2 WAC) with 19 points. Ashley Ward, Alexis Montgomery and Wilma Afunugo each scored 14 points as SU won its sixth straight at home.
Kaitlyn Peterson scored 28 for Grand Canyon (13-6, 2-4).
The Redhawks shot 36 of 63 (57.1 percent) from the field.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
Most Read Stories
“Honestly, I thought it was the best game we’ve played all year,” said Seattle U coach Joan Bonvicini. “Grand Canyon really is a good team and I thought, just from the get-go, our defense was really on point, we were focused, and we outrebounded them.”