Seattle University’s women’s soccer team earned its third straight shutout as they topped New Mexico State, 3-0, in a Western Athletic Conference contest. The Redhawks (6-2-2, 3-0-0 WAC) extended their winning streak to four games and their home winning streak to five.
“I was very happy that we got the win today,” SU coach Julie Woodward said. “I think our challenge has been coming out on Sunday after a Friday game and continuing to keep playing.”
Stephanie Verdoia opened the scoring in the 27th minute off a cross from Taylor Ritzman.
Verdoia scored again shortly after the halftime break, then Natasha Howe added her fourth goal of the season in the 83rd minute.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
• Washington State’s Elizaveta Luzina won the Flight 1 singles title at the Cougar Classic in Pullman, beating Boise State’s Teal Vosburgh 6-4, 6-4.
Luzina and Lize Leenknecht won the Flight 1 doubles title, beating Utah State’s McKenzie Davis and Kallie Sperry 6-0.
From sports-information reports.