The Seattle University women’s basketball picked up its first win of the season Friday night, winning at Portland State, 80-68.
“I think, defensively, we were much, much better as a team,” said Seattle coach Joan Bonvicini. “Their only lead of the game was the first two points and then we took the lead for the rest of the game. In the second half, we really picked up our rebounds, we came back and did a great job at that after the half. This was a good team victory and an important one for us.”
Sylvia Shephard led the Redhawks (1-3) with a career-high 25 points while Kacie Sowell had 24 points and Ross contributed a career best 15 points. Shephard recorded her first double-double of the season, also grabbing 13 rebounds.
From team reports
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW, WSU
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst