Visiting Seattle University hit free throws and converted key plays down the stretch to score a 75-68 overtime win over Texas-Pan American in a Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball game.
The Redhawks (11-11, 6-3 WAC) snapped a 64-all tie with three free throws, then closed with an 8-4 run — half of the points coming on Sylvia Shepard’s 4-for-4 shooting at the line.
“This was a huge win for us on the road, for a lot of reasons,” said SU coach Joan Bonvicini. “When tough things happened, I was really pleased that our players regrouped and refocused.
Kacie Sowell recorded her seventh double-double of the season with 16 points and 13 rebounds, while Shephard led all players with 22 points.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle
Most Read Stories
At Seattle U men 83, Texas-Pan American 62
Isiah Umipig’s 21 points led four Redhawks in double figures for Seattle U (11-10, 3-5 WAC). Umipig hit five three-pointers. Teammate Shore Adenekan added 14 points and 11 rebounds.
From sports-information reports.