Seattle's Kacie Sowell led all players with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
SAN ANTONIO — The Seattle University women’s basketball team traveled to Texas-San Antonio with a seven-game conference winning streak, but was handed its first Western Athletic Conference loss, 65-55, on Thursday night.
Seattle’s Kacie Sowell led all players with 18 points and 11 rebounds, recording her sixth double-double in her past seven games and 11th overall this season.
The Redhawks (10-7, 7-1 WAC) led 5-4 at 19:04, but that was their only lead of the game. Sowell scored her team’s first 10 points. Daidra Brown (16 points) and Sylvia Shephard (10 points) also scored in double figures for the Redhawks, and Brenda Adhiambo matched Sowell’s 11 rebounds.
SU looks to restart its winning streak at Texas State on Saturday.
- WWU cancels classes as social-media hate speech is investigated
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
Most Read Stories
From a news release