Seattle's Kacie Sowell led all players with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
SAN ANTONIO — The Seattle University women’s basketball team traveled to Texas-San Antonio with a seven-game conference winning streak, but was handed its first Western Athletic Conference loss, 65-55, on Thursday night.
Seattle’s Kacie Sowell led all players with 18 points and 11 rebounds, recording her sixth double-double in her past seven games and 11th overall this season.
The Redhawks (10-7, 7-1 WAC) led 5-4 at 19:04, but that was their only lead of the game. Sowell scored her team’s first 10 points. Daidra Brown (16 points) and Sylvia Shephard (10 points) also scored in double figures for the Redhawks, and Brenda Adhiambo matched Sowell’s 11 rebounds.
SU looks to restart its winning streak at Texas State on Saturday.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
From a news release