Seattle's Kacie Sowell led all players with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
SAN ANTONIO — The Seattle University women’s basketball team traveled to Texas-San Antonio with a seven-game conference winning streak, but was handed its first Western Athletic Conference loss, 65-55, on Thursday night.
Seattle’s Kacie Sowell led all players with 18 points and 11 rebounds, recording her sixth double-double in her past seven games and 11th overall this season.
The Redhawks (10-7, 7-1 WAC) led 5-4 at 19:04, but that was their only lead of the game. Sowell scored her team’s first 10 points. Daidra Brown (16 points) and Sylvia Shephard (10 points) also scored in double figures for the Redhawks, and Brenda Adhiambo matched Sowell’s 11 rebounds.
SU looks to restart its winning streak at Texas State on Saturday.
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
- Man who drowned in Lake Washington was watching hydros, jumped in to swim
- Oh, rats! Seattle is one of the rattiest places in U.S.
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Old office-temperature rule for men leaves women freezing at work
Most Read Stories
From a news release