OREM, Utah — Kaylee Best’s three-pointer gave Seattle University the lead with 4:21 remaining and the Redhawks kept it after that in a 75-67 women’s victory over Utah Valley on Saturday.
Best’s three-pointer gave Seattle U a 63-60 lead and the Redhawks gradually pulled away. They had trailed 38-33 at halftime in the Western Athletic Conference game.
Ashley Ward led four Seattle U players in double-figure scoring with 15 points, but she struggled from the field, going 5 for 17.
Sylvia Shephard added 13 points for Seattle U (9-10, 4-2 WAC), Kacie Sowell 11 and Wilma Afunugo 10.
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
Utah Valley (3-14) stayed winless in the WAC at 0-4.