In their opening game of the Florida Gulf Coast Tournament, the Seattle University women's basketball team was handed an 87-63 loss Friday by host Florida Gulf Coast.
FORT MYERS, Fla. — In their opening game of the Florida Gulf Coast Tournament, the Seattle University women’s basketball team was handed an 87-63 loss Friday by host Florida Gulf Coast.
“We played a very good team in Florida Gulf Coast and we really let the game get out of our hands in the first half,” Redhawks coach Joan Bonvicini said. “In the second half we played a lot harder and smarter.”
Elle Kerfoot scored 24 points for Seattle U. The Redhawks (7-21) play SIU Edwardsville on Saturday.
Kelsey Jacobson scored 19 points to lead Florida Gulf Coast (25-3).
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
From sports-information report