In their opening game of the Florida Gulf Coast Tournament, the Seattle University women's basketball team was handed an 87-63 loss Friday by host Florida Gulf Coast.
FORT MYERS, Fla. — In their opening game of the Florida Gulf Coast Tournament, the Seattle University women’s basketball team was handed an 87-63 loss Friday by host Florida Gulf Coast.
“We played a very good team in Florida Gulf Coast and we really let the game get out of our hands in the first half,” Redhawks coach Joan Bonvicini said. “In the second half we played a lot harder and smarter.”
Elle Kerfoot scored 24 points for Seattle U. The Redhawks (7-21) play SIU Edwardsville on Saturday.
Kelsey Jacobson scored 19 points to lead Florida Gulf Coast (25-3).
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
Most Read Stories
From sports-information report