The Seattle University women’s golf team is tied for sixth and the SU men are tied for eighth after the first two rounds of the Jackrabbit Invitational in Primm, Nev.
The Redhawks women are tied with British Columbia at 61-over 637. Seattle U’s Jamie Huo is tied for 11th at 12-over 156.
The Seattle U men are tied with Youngstown State at 21-over 597. David Torres leads the way for the Redhawks at 1-over 145, tied for 12th. UNLV leads by 17 strokes at 559.
The third and final round will be played Tuesday.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories
Whitman coach Michelle Ferenz was named the West Region Coach of the Year, junior point guard Heather Johns was named West Region Player of the Year, and senior forward Sarah Anderegg, a product of Bellevue’s Interlake High, was named to the first team of the D3hoops.com women’s All-West Region team.
“It’s nice to be acknowledged by D3hoops.com,” Ferenz said. “They’re just … in the know. They are passionate about basketball at this level, and they know this level in a way that no one else knows.
“I always tease them about not coming out to Walla Walla,” she added. “I’m sure I’ll see them this weekend.”
Whitman (30-1) faces 13th-ranked Wisconsin-Whitewater (26-4) in the national semifinals at 6 p.m. on Friday in Stevens Point, Wis.
Whitworth’s Kayla Johnson also was chosen to the first team.
• Whitworth’s Dustin McConnell was named first team All-West Region by D3hoops.com.
• Western Washington’s Jenna DeRosier has been selected the GNAC Softball co-Pitcher of the Week after a 1-0 shutout over Saint Martin’s.
From sports-information reports.