PHOENIX, Ariz. — Grand Canyon, behind its hot-shooting front line, rallied in the second half to defeat Seattle University 72-66 in Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball play Thursday night.
Starting forwards Johnna Brown, Jenna Pearson and Deanna Daniels combined to hit 21 of 29 field-goal attempts — including 4 of 6 from three-point range — and score 48 points for the Antelopes (17-7, 6-5), who improved to 9-0 at home this season.
Wilma Afunugo (18) and Ashley Ward (17) combined for 35 points and Kacie Sowell (13 points, 10 rebounds) registered a double-double for the Redhawks (13-13, 8-5), who led 32-27 at halftime.
From team reports.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012