PHOENIX, Ariz. — Grand Canyon, behind its hot-shooting front line, rallied in the second half to defeat Seattle University 72-66 in Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball play Thursday night.
Starting forwards Johnna Brown, Jenna Pearson and Deanna Daniels combined to hit 21 of 29 field-goal attempts — including 4 of 6 from three-point range — and score 48 points for the Antelopes (17-7, 6-5), who improved to 9-0 at home this season.
Wilma Afunugo (18) and Ashley Ward (17) combined for 35 points and Kacie Sowell (13 points, 10 rebounds) registered a double-double for the Redhawks (13-13, 8-5), who led 32-27 at halftime.
From team reports.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers