PHOENIX, Ariz. — Grand Canyon, behind its hot-shooting front line, rallied in the second half to defeat Seattle University 72-66 in Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball play Thursday night.
Starting forwards Johnna Brown, Jenna Pearson and Deanna Daniels combined to hit 21 of 29 field-goal attempts — including 4 of 6 from three-point range — and score 48 points for the Antelopes (17-7, 6-5), who improved to 9-0 at home this season.
Wilma Afunugo (18) and Ashley Ward (17) combined for 35 points and Kacie Sowell (13 points, 10 rebounds) registered a double-double for the Redhawks (13-13, 8-5), who led 32-27 at halftime.
From team reports.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Evergreen High School football player critically injured during game