Riana Byrd had 19 points and 18 rebounds to lead San Jose State past Seattle U, 74-65, on Thursday night. The Redhawks (11-8, 8-2) came...
SAN JOSE — Riana Byrd had 19 points and 18 rebounds to lead San Jose State past Seattle U, 74-65, on Thursday night.
The Redhawks (11-8, 8-2) came within 66-64 with just over two minutes left, but the Spartans’ Ta’rea Cunnigan, who also had 19 points, made four free throws and a layup in the final minute to clinch it. SJSU (9-12, 6-4) made 19 of 25 free throws.
Seattle U was led by Daidra Brown’s 24 points, but the team only managed 29.4 percent shooting overall. Kacie Sowell added 13 points.
The Redhawks close out a four-game road trip Saturday at Utah State.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers