FULLERTON, Calif. – Seattle University received the ball down by two points with seven seconds left, but failed to get a shot off as Cal State Fullerton hung on to defeat the Redhawks 55-53 Saturday night at Titan Gym, snapping a five-game losing streak in a nonconference women’s game.
Senior Sylvia Shepard led all scorers with 15 points and 10 rebounds for Seattle U (5-7). Senior forward Ashley Ward had 10 points and five rebounds in the loss.
Alex Thomas scored 13 to lead the Titans (2-8). Natalie Williams had 13 points and seven rebounds. Kathleen Iwuoha scored 11 points.
Shepard had a chance to tie the score at the line with under one minute to play, but was 1 of 2. Fullerton’s Hailey King made a free throw with seven seconds left. Seattle had a chance to tie or take the lead, but could not get an attempt.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip