Julia Moravec and Stephanie Verdoia scored second-half goals as Seattle University (1-1) secured a 2-0 victory over Eastern Washington (0-2) in Cheney on Sunday afternoon.
In goal, Brianna Smallidge made three saves in earning the shutout.
Heavyweight Anthony Hamilton (10-2) earned a first-round TKO over Matt Kovacs in the main event at Emerald Queen Casino on Saturday night. The stoppage followed the pattern of a night that consisted of six first-round TKOs and only one fight going the distance.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
In the semimain event, Spokane’s Josh Rettinghouse (9-2) defeated Jeff Hatton in a bantamweight match that went the distance. The three judges scored it 30-27 for Rettinghouse.
Chris Curtis won the 100-lap super figure eight main event at Evergreen Speedway. Other winners were Dave Lund in the 30-lap NASCAR street stock feature. Jon Roberts won the 30-lap main for NASCAR mini-stocks. Gary Rarden won the stinger 8 main. Jeff Jones took the super 4 late model main. The racing was part of the annual Evergreen State Fair.
From sports-information reports.