Four players scored in double figures for the Seattle University women's basketball team in a convincing 86-58 victory over UC Irvine on...
IRVINE, Calif. — Four players scored in double figures for the Seattle University women’s basketball team in a convincing 86-58 victory over UC Irvine on Sunday afternoon at the Bren Events Center.
Ashley Ward returned to her hometown and led the Redhawks (12-8) with 20 points, shooting 6 of 12 from the field and 6 of 6 from the free-throw line. Kacie Sowell had a 15-point, seven-rebound performance, Talisa Rhea contributed 13 points and a game-high nine assists, and Daidra Brown scored 11 points off the bench.
The Redhawks, who led 43-25 at halftime, took off on a 10-2 run directly after the break, then used a 12-1 run midway through the half to go ahead 69-37. From there, Seattle U cruised to its biggest road victory in more than three years.
From sports-information reports.
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- How Evergreen State prof guided Supreme Court on gay marriage