Seattle University used an early run and was never challenged in an 84-62 Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball victory over Texas-Pan American on Saturday.
The Redhawks went on a 19-5 run for a 21-10 lead eight minutes into the game and steadily pulled away.
Sylvia Shephard had 20 points, seven assists and seven rebounds for the Redhawks (8-9, 3-1 WAC). Kacie Sowell scored 16 points and Ashley Ward 10.
Shawnte’ Goff led the Broncs (7-9, 1-2) with 14 points.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
Most Read Stories
“I thought the first half was the best half we’ve played all year,” said Redhawks coach Joan Bonvicini.