Seattle University used an early run and was never challenged in an 84-62 Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball victory over Texas-Pan American on Saturday.
The Redhawks went on a 19-5 run for a 21-10 lead eight minutes into the game and steadily pulled away.
Sylvia Shephard had 20 points, seven assists and seven rebounds for the Redhawks (8-9, 3-1 WAC). Kacie Sowell scored 16 points and Ashley Ward 10.
Shawnte’ Goff led the Broncs (7-9, 1-2) with 14 points.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
“I thought the first half was the best half we’ve played all year,” said Redhawks coach Joan Bonvicini.