Seattle University used an early run and was never challenged in an 84-62 Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball victory over Texas-Pan American on Saturday.
The Redhawks went on a 19-5 run for a 21-10 lead eight minutes into the game and steadily pulled away.
Sylvia Shephard had 20 points, seven assists and seven rebounds for the Redhawks (8-9, 3-1 WAC). Kacie Sowell scored 16 points and Ashley Ward 10.
Shawnte’ Goff led the Broncs (7-9, 1-2) with 14 points.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
Most Read Stories
“I thought the first half was the best half we’ve played all year,” said Redhawks coach Joan Bonvicini.