Seattle University used an early run and was never challenged in an 84-62 Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball victory over Texas-Pan American on Saturday.
The Redhawks went on a 19-5 run for a 21-10 lead eight minutes into the game and steadily pulled away.
Sylvia Shephard had 20 points, seven assists and seven rebounds for the Redhawks (8-9, 3-1 WAC). Kacie Sowell scored 16 points and Ashley Ward 10.
Shawnte’ Goff led the Broncs (7-9, 1-2) with 14 points.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
Most Read Stories
“I thought the first half was the best half we’ve played all year,” said Redhawks coach Joan Bonvicini.