Seattle University used an early run and was never challenged in an 84-62 Western Athletic Conference women’s basketball victory over Texas-Pan American on Saturday.
The Redhawks went on a 19-5 run for a 21-10 lead eight minutes into the game and steadily pulled away.
Sylvia Shephard had 20 points, seven assists and seven rebounds for the Redhawks (8-9, 3-1 WAC). Kacie Sowell scored 16 points and Ashley Ward 10.
Shawnte’ Goff led the Broncs (7-9, 1-2) with 14 points.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims
Most Read Stories
“I thought the first half was the best half we’ve played all year,” said Redhawks coach Joan Bonvicini.