Isiah Umipig scored a game-high 21 points, but it wasn’t enough to help the Seattle U men avoid a 61-57 loss to CSU Bakersfield at KeyArena.
Umipig was 4 for 7 from three-point range and hit all five of his free throws, but he was the only Redhawk player to reach double digits.
Issiah Grayson led the Roadrunners (8-9, 1-2 Western Athletic Conference) by hitting 5 of 11 shots, including a trio of three-pointers, for 15 points.
Deshaun Sunderhaus hit a free throw to convert a three-point play and bring SU (9-8, 1-3) within 50-47 with 2:53 left, but Grayson responded with a jumper and the Redhawks couldn’t rally.
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins