MOSCOW, Idaho — Emmanuel Chibuogwu scored five points in the final nine seconds to lift Seattle University past Idaho 68-67 on Saturday night.
Idaho had its largest lead, 49-33, with 14:43 left before Chibuogwu’s three-pointer capped a 19-2 run to give Seattle a 52-51 lead with 9:30 left.
Chibuogwu hit a three-pointer to pull Seattle within one point with nine seconds left. The Vandals then committed a five-second violation on the inbounds, setting up Chibuogwu’s game-winning layup with six seconds left.
Jarell Flora scored 16 points and D’Vonne Pickett added 15 to lead Seattle U (10-10, 2-5 Western Athletic Conference).
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Stephen Madison had 27 points for Idaho (8-14, 2-6).
“I am so proud of the fight and toughness my guys showed tonight,” Seattle U coach Cameron Dollar said.
Sports information contributed to this report.