Seattle University announced three new additions to its coaching staff Monday.
Derek Liebert, who worked with the Redhawks last year as a graduate assistant, was hired as an assistant coach for the women’s basketball team. Liebert most recently served as operations manager for the Seattle Storm of the WNBA.
Alex Keough and Wesley Phillips have accepted the positions of coordinators of strength and conditioning.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School grand opening is Thursday
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer
Most Read Stories
• Rod Jensen, the director of player development for the Washington State men’s basketball program, has been promoted to assistant coach, replacing Ben Johnson who resigned last week. Jensen came to WSU in June of this year after three seasons as head coach at The College of Idaho.
• Tyler Matthews of Bellevue carded five birdies on The Home Course in DuPont on his way to a 4-under 68 on the 6,951-yard, par-72 layout for a two-shot lead after the first round of the PNGA Mid-Amateur Championship.
• Raychelle Santos shot a 75-70—145 to help the Gonzaga women’s team to second place after the first two rounds of the Hobble Creek Invitational in Springville, Utah.
From sports-information reports.