Seattle University announced three new additions to its coaching staff Monday.
Derek Liebert, who worked with the Redhawks last year as a graduate assistant, was hired as an assistant coach for the women’s basketball team. Liebert most recently served as operations manager for the Seattle Storm of the WNBA.
Alex Keough and Wesley Phillips have accepted the positions of coordinators of strength and conditioning.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
• Rod Jensen, the director of player development for the Washington State men’s basketball program, has been promoted to assistant coach, replacing Ben Johnson who resigned last week. Jensen came to WSU in June of this year after three seasons as head coach at The College of Idaho.
• Tyler Matthews of Bellevue carded five birdies on The Home Course in DuPont on his way to a 4-under 68 on the 6,951-yard, par-72 layout for a two-shot lead after the first round of the PNGA Mid-Amateur Championship.
• Raychelle Santos shot a 75-70—145 to help the Gonzaga women’s team to second place after the first two rounds of the Hobble Creek Invitational in Springville, Utah.
From sports-information reports.