Jade McNorton had 13 points and 11 rebounds as the Pepperdine women's basketball team defeated Seattle University 70-64 Friday night in...
MALIBU, Calif. — Jade McNorton had 13 points and 11 rebounds as the Pepperdine women’s basketball team defeated Seattle University 70-64 Friday night in the schools’ first meeting.
Kacie Sowell scored 20 points for the Redhawks (3-5), who led 36-33 at halftime but were outscored 37-28 in the second half.
Ashley Ward scored 14 points and Sylvia Shephard had 13 for Seattle U.
T-birds lose 6-2 lead, fall in shootout
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France
Most Read Stories
SPOKANE — Mitch Holmberg and Brenden Kichton scored in the shootout as the Spokane Chiefs rallied from a 6-2 deficit to beat the Seattle Thunderbirds 7-6 in Western Hockey League action.
Holmberg had a hat trick for Spokane (23-8-1-0) and Kichton had four assists.
Luke Lockhart scored two goals for Seattle (16-15-1-1). Connor Honey had a goal and two assists, Roberts Lipsbergs had a goal and an assist and Justin Hickman scored the other goal.
Seattle had a 6-2 lead early in the third period before the Chiefs pounded out four goals, getting the equalizer with 55 seconds left.
PORTLAND — Taylor Leier and Nicolas Petan each had a goal and an assist as the Portland Winterhawks defeated the Everett Silvertips 4-2.
Brendan Burke made 24 saves for Portland (26-5-1-0), which scored three power-play goals to take a 3-0 lead early in the second period. Landon Oslanski scored both goals for the Silvertips (13-21-0-2).
• Junior Ally Schmitt set a Central Washington and Great Northwest Athletic Conference record with 16 assists, helping lead the host Wildcats women’s basketball team (4-4) to a 79-57 victory over Evergreen State.
• Briana Ledoux from Holy Names Academy in Seattle and Meghan McCallum from Mount Si High School in Snoqualmie have signed letters of intent with the Gonzaga women’s rowing team.
• Pacific Lutheran defensive lineman Mychael Tuiasosopo was named a second-team All-American by D3football.com.
• Whitworth defender Balin Larson, a transfer from Bellevue College, was selected to the D3soccer.com All-America third team.
Compiled from sports-information reports and other sources.