Tshilidzi Nephawe had 22 points and eight rebounds to lead New Mexico State to a 92-77 win over host Seattle University on Saturday night in a Western Athletic Conference basketball game.
New Mexico State (18-8, 7-3 WAC) took a 45-36 lead at halftime and pulled away in the second half.
Isiah Umipig scored 24 points on 8-of-15 shooting to lead Seattle University (11-11, 3-6), and D’Vonne Pickett Jr. added 18 points.
Jack Crook had nine points and 10 rebounds for the Redhawks.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
Most Read Stories
New Mexico State was remarkable from the field, going 34 of 59 (57.6 percent).
From sports-information reports.