Tshilidzi Nephawe had 22 points and eight rebounds to lead New Mexico State to a 92-77 win over host Seattle University on Saturday night in a Western Athletic Conference basketball game.
New Mexico State (18-8, 7-3 WAC) took a 45-36 lead at halftime and pulled away in the second half.
Isiah Umipig scored 24 points on 8-of-15 shooting to lead Seattle University (11-11, 3-6), and D’Vonne Pickett Jr. added 18 points.
Jack Crook had nine points and 10 rebounds for the Redhawks.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Seahawks’ third exhibition game may be a dress rehearsal, but it does have significance
Most Read Stories
New Mexico State was remarkable from the field, going 34 of 59 (57.6 percent).
From sports-information reports.