Tshilidzi Nephawe had 22 points and eight rebounds to lead New Mexico State to a 92-77 win over host Seattle University on Saturday night in a Western Athletic Conference basketball game.
New Mexico State (18-8, 7-3 WAC) took a 45-36 lead at halftime and pulled away in the second half.
Isiah Umipig scored 24 points on 8-of-15 shooting to lead Seattle University (11-11, 3-6), and D’Vonne Pickett Jr. added 18 points.
Jack Crook had nine points and 10 rebounds for the Redhawks.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
New Mexico State was remarkable from the field, going 34 of 59 (57.6 percent).
From sports-information reports.